DEEP’s engineering leadership overnight camp takes place at the Gull Lake civil survey camp in Ontario’s beautiful Haliburton forest. The camp, which runs concurrently with DEEP’s academic program, offers a focused approach to developing students as leaders and future engineers.
The application for DEEP 2017 is now closed and applications are currently under review. Thank you to all who applied.
To get a notification on upcoming programs:
join our mailing list
DEEP Leadership Camp is open to students currently in grades 10 to 12 (2016-17 school year).
Twelve Day Program
The twelve-day program runs from July 4th (depart from U of T St. George Campus) to July 15th (return to U of T St. George Campus) 2017.
Seven Day Program
The seven-day program runs from July 23rd (depart from U of T St. George Campus) to July 29th (return to U of T St. George Campus) 2017.
DEEP Leadership Camp Information
DEEP Leadership Camp offers high school students the opportunity to explore personal leadership development through a unique integrated curriculum that includes practical applications drawn from STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields in an outdoor setting. Participants will explore topics in science and engineering through fun, interdisciplinary activities.
Major topic areas include:
- What is engineering? What do engineers do?
- Design thinking and the engineering design process; exploring the role of science, technology and society
- Local issues (urban and rural issues, social considerations, health care), the outdoors, and connections to engineering
- Professional skills development: presentation, communication and decision-making
- Building teams, mentoring, developing persistence and resilience
- Being a leader in your school and in your community
Participants will also have time to relax and enjoy the sun, swim in the lake, canoe, play sports and hike the surrounding wilderness.
The twelve-day program* runs from Tuesday to the following Saturday.
The seven-day program runs from Sunday to Saturday.
* Please note that students attending the twelve-day program will engage in a more rigorous, leadership-focused camp experience with additional topics and activities over the course of the program. An outline of proposed topics will be provided to participants ahead of the program’s start date.
The tuition fee for DEEP Leadership Camp includes all course costs, including transportation by bus from the St. George campus of the University of Toronto to the Gull Lake civil survey camp, and bus transportation to return to campus at the end of the program, as well as all meals, activity materials and equipment, and accommodations in camp bunkhouse cabins.